Skip to main content

Wedding Dress - did you love yours?

 I've been wedding dress shopping twice in the last month, with my niece and today with my sister.
It has got me thinking, would pick the same dress again? .... To be completely honest, Robbie Williams picked my dress! I believe if he comes on the radio then it is a sign that it is the right decision and it just so happened that I put this dress on and he came on the radio!
 
I originally wanted a low key wedding, I didn't want a fancy dress. However, my mum said that we should maybe do the wedding dress shopping properly just for experience and my idea of a £250 dress quickly jumped to over £1100 all because Robbie Williams sent me the sign! My wonderful mum bought my dress for me! We had a low budget wedding and the big dress was not part of it! I did win £1000 worth of bridesmaid dresses though! They were beautiful! All made to measure and my nieces looked amazing!
 
My dress was a Maggie Sottero design and I got it from Belle & Bouquet in Lincolnshire, it was like wedding dress boutique that you see in films. The lady who served us was just incredible, she was a mature lady with hair perfectly set and she wore a fitted jacket and pencil skirt with low heels.
She guided us through the hallway into this large mirrored room with a sea of ivory and white dresses twinkling in the sunlight and they all seemed to be saying "TRY ME ON".
 
 I was absolutely adamant before I went in that a proper wedding dress was not for me! We weren't having a big church wedding! It would be silly for me to have a big dress ...... or would it?...... I thought maybe just trying a few dresses on would convince me enough that a big dress wasn't for me!
 
I went into the dressing room with the lovely lady, I tried on a dress which was far too big for me and felt a little smug that I knew that a big dress wasn't for me and that I had just been taken in with all of the sparkles initially! THEN she got these big metal peg/clips and waved her magic wand and BOOM! I felt like the princess that I didn't want to be.....but I loved it!
My sisters and mum's reaction didn't help matters as they all loved the dresses that I tried on!
After trying a few more dresses on I went back to the first dress, (there was another I loved and I think people expected me to have a lace dress but our other friend was getting married and I knew she had a lace dress and our wedding was a month apart so wanted something completely different).
 
That is when Robbie Williams came on the radio and confirmed that it was the dress for me!
I did find it a little hard to pick a dress without my partner being with me as he knows me so well, I love his opinion. So picking the most important dress of my life without him being there to say he liked it too seemed really strange and I did worry if I had made the right decision.
 
That was 2012 ....... fast forward to 2017
Oh wow, there are so many beautiful dresses!
 
I have looked at so many stunning dresses in the bridal shops over the past month and LOVE so many different designs. I don't think I would go for my dress again. I was a little conscious all day about it being strapless and by the end of the night I was struggling to breathe and had big bruises on my hips but at the time the dress was just right!
 
My niece has got it right, she has found a dress that is so classy and elegant but fits her personality and she looks so happy and comfortable! The dress is perfect and she looks incredible!
 
My sister is finding it a little harder to find something that she really likes. She looked lovely in every dress she tried on but she just can't find one and know 100% that it is the right dress for her.
Seeing all of the dresses in Sugar & Spice in Lincoln today gave me a little dress envy! I think I want to do it all over again! I love the tea length dresses, the lace dresses with a warmer cream/gold/caramel colour underneath.
I love the lace details with elegant sparkles and the dresses that have the pretty belted detail in the middle. In fact I think I found about 20 dresses that I wanted to try on myself! Ha!
 
So that has got me thinking, would you pick the same dress again?
How did you know it was the right dress for you?
 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Your baby has Laryngomalacia"!!!????

I will explain a little about my labour, maybe a detailed explanation might go up in the future but lets put it like this, it was not nice and after suffering from an Irritable Uterus throughout my pregnancy followed by a 42 hour labour and a scary ending but I got the beautiful Tillie Bean so was worth every second! Basically the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and right round her body. She had the hiccups so much during pregnancy and I am wondering if this does have a connection to the problem which was about to be revealed! I remember a few nights after Tillie was born hearing a strange noises when she was breathing, I had to stay in hospital for a few nights as I needed a blood transfusion, I buzzed the nurse to check about her breathing but was told 'it is just mucous on her lungs it is very common it won't last long'. Even as a new mum I thought that this wasn't the case, but who was I to argue. This 'mucous' was getting louder and louder and by

From an outsiders point of view

We were in our local town centre; there is a new retail park where there are a few water features. The parking is reasonable and you can buy pretty much get everything you need which makes life so much easier! There is even a couple of coffee bars which serve yummy cakes so we often sneak in there when tots is asleep (due to her being allergic to egg, we can only eat cake when she is asleep otherwise she cannot understand why she isn't allowed any and I would never let her watch me eating it bless her) Tillie had been asleep and we managed to sneak a coffee and cake in before she woke up, the coffee bar we were in was right opposite the water feature, there is a wall around for people to sit on and the feature is like a few water sprinklers which go on and off. When tots woke up I got her out of the pushchair ad let her have a run around, she was giggling and I was swinging her as I normally do, I then let her walk along the wall and she sat herself down and I was singing a song

Did you really know how to breastfeed - did you get support?

You buy the books, I thought I could give Supernanny a run for her money, bring that baby on! I thought I knew it all! Yeah right! I was convinced for the first half of my pregnancy that I was going to bottle feed baby bean, my mum never breastfed us, only one of my sister's tried breastfeeding but I don't think her experience was good, but the fact my mum has been so poorly through life and me and my sisters have had a number of illnesses and such a weak immune system I started to seriously think about this and decided that maybe it would give Bean the best start in life plus I did feel pressured by everyone else to do it, media, nurses midwifes, leaflets! I really did have a terrible childbirth it was quite traumatic and I was semi unconscious I don't really remember much about the first night with Tillie, I was too poorly to watch her all night, I was in desperate need for a blood transfusion and was told on the labour ward that I was not to be left on my own or atte