Skip to main content

Well hello again!

Hello everyone!
It has been a long time since I was last on here!

Where to start.......... Well Tillie is now 7 and we no longer run a pub! Yay!

We have a gorgeous little boy called Robbie who is 3 now and he was also born with laryngomalacia (a floppy larynx) I was always really worried about having another child in case they got it too and we heard that boys tend to get it worse that girls, so when we found out that we were having a little boy I was a little worried, but he was fine. It sounded worse that Tillie's but he didn't quite have as many issues as she did. Plus we knew what we were doing the second time round.

So now on to the winning part! My sister told me that she knew of someone that had left their job to enter competitions. I didn't believe that anyone could do that so I started entering a few and the only thing I was getting was spam emails!
I didn't give up as I found it quite therapeutic as it was something I could do .....for me!
With running a pub,
I couldn't have an evening hobby as we were always working and Tillie didn't sleep very well so I used to find I would be sat up for a few hours at a time and it just passed the time.

I never took it that seriously and just enjoyed winning a few prizes here and there, that was until 2014 when Tillie started school. Robbie was 8.5 months old and napping for 2.5 hours in a morning. (he slept so badly at night time, he was waking every 30mins -1 hour all night long) so I decided in the September/October that I was going to use that time in a morning to enter competitions and set myself a challenge of winning every prize for Christmas! It worked, I completely nailed it! (The Sun even did a story about it) ..... I will go in to it in more detail in another blog post.

Entering competitions is certainly the best hobby that I have ever had. There are absolutely no guarantees that you will win but we've had some wonderful prizes over the last few years, including:

A luxury holiday in Devon for 14 people,
Nights away,
Car washes for life,
£1000 worth of bridesmaid dresses,
£1000 wooden flooring,
iPad mini
Film premiere tickets - walking on the red carpet with Hugh Grant and Meryl Streep!

These are just a tiny insight to what I have won -  so I set myself a challenge every year now to win everyones Christmas and Birthday presents.

We also only go on days out if we've won tickets! It comes in handy when Tillie won us a National Trust family pass for a year! We've had some wonderful days out due to that.

I need to get my head around blogging again as I have so many things to share but not quite sure where to begin!
Please leave me a comment and let me know if you have won anything, I love hearing of other wins!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Your baby has Laryngomalacia"!!!????

I will explain a little about my labour, maybe a detailed explanation might go up in the future but lets put it like this, it was not nice and after suffering from an Irritable Uterus throughout my pregnancy followed by a 42 hour labour and a scary ending but I got the beautiful Tillie Bean so was worth every second! Basically the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and right round her body. She had the hiccups so much during pregnancy and I am wondering if this does have a connection to the problem which was about to be revealed! I remember a few nights after Tillie was born hearing a strange noises when she was breathing, I had to stay in hospital for a few nights as I needed a blood transfusion, I buzzed the nurse to check about her breathing but was told 'it is just mucous on her lungs it is very common it won't last long'. Even as a new mum I thought that this wasn't the case, but who was I to argue. This 'mucous' was getting louder and louder and by

From an outsiders point of view

We were in our local town centre; there is a new retail park where there are a few water features. The parking is reasonable and you can buy pretty much get everything you need which makes life so much easier! There is even a couple of coffee bars which serve yummy cakes so we often sneak in there when tots is asleep (due to her being allergic to egg, we can only eat cake when she is asleep otherwise she cannot understand why she isn't allowed any and I would never let her watch me eating it bless her) Tillie had been asleep and we managed to sneak a coffee and cake in before she woke up, the coffee bar we were in was right opposite the water feature, there is a wall around for people to sit on and the feature is like a few water sprinklers which go on and off. When tots woke up I got her out of the pushchair ad let her have a run around, she was giggling and I was swinging her as I normally do, I then let her walk along the wall and she sat herself down and I was singing a song

Staying together for the sake of the children

I saw this was the topic on This Morning, new research shows that if your child suffers from some sort of psychological problem they 'grow up to earn as much as 30 per cent less in their lifetime than those who hadn't suffered any problems' such as parents’ divorce. I always find this interesting as I have met a few people in the past whose family had an amicable break up yet they still seem to use their parents break up as an excuse not to work or succeed in life, when in fact they use it for attention and to cover up the fact they are just a little bit lazy. I was a recruitment consultant and believe it or not a number of candidates used their parents break ups as the reason they didn't work! Please note that I did say amicable break up, I understand that if a child has had a particularly hard upbringing then it could affect them in the future. I was bought up just by my mum and I wouldn't have changed it for the world, I really can honestly say I had a very