Skip to main content

I'm happy with how I look - so what is your problem?

Nick said to me "I love you because you are unique that's why you have always caught my eye"
I’m 5ft 4 (and a quarter!) with curly red hair (I’m not ginger I’m titian he he) I have always been slim, I honestly just cannot put on weight, I've even been to the doctors to try and see what was wrong with me as I had so many comments in the past..... I’m a size 8 and just under 8 stone I’m not 'uber' skinny and the only problem I have is that I eat too much!
I have never been any different, I have never had to watch what I eat and I feel very fortunate to never have had to worry about a diet.....

However I have always been made to feel that there was something wrong with me by other people! People I have worked with have always commented on my 'unhealthy diet' and the fact that I can eat what I like - "why aren't you huge?”..... I always end up apologising and telling them that my family are the same which is true.

There was one girl who used to go on and on and used to sit and watch me eat my food when I was training to be a presenter, she had issues with her body and was very angry that i could eat what I wanted, I felt very upset by this and eventually left the course, as she one day announced to everyone that her mum was a nutritionist and she said there was no way that i could eat the amount of things i did and not have an eating disorder. I felt awful and it really knocked my confidence.

I remember around the same time - I was with my boyfriend (the one who bought me the really rubbish present!) It was his mums birthday so we went out for a meal - I remember sitting round the table laughing and chatting away, I had just finished my meal and his grandma shouted across the table "what are you going to do now? Go to the toilet and be sick....what a waste of money"
I was absolutely horrified and the fact that I really needed a wee didn't help as I wouldn't go until I got back to my house later that night.

I then became really conscious about what people thought and i started to have a bit of a complex, i then didn't like eating in front of people in case they thought i was going to run to the toilet. This is hard to handle when you are 18 years old.

I have never had boobs - oh how it gave me hope when i was pregnant he he but nope they didn't stay with me either! Gutted!

It just makes me wonder why people think they have the right when you are slim to tell you that you are skinny and need to put weight on? You wouldn’t approach someone who is obese and say "you need to lose weight".
Sometimes I take it as a compliment but I really do not think I should feel the need to apologise for something out of my control!

Anyway enough of me grumbling tonight! Sleep tight - just going to raid the fridge now ;-) x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Your baby has Laryngomalacia"!!!????

I will explain a little about my labour, maybe a detailed explanation might go up in the future but lets put it like this, it was not nice and after suffering from an Irritable Uterus throughout my pregnancy followed by a 42 hour labour and a scary ending but I got the beautiful Tillie Bean so was worth every second! Basically the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and right round her body. She had the hiccups so much during pregnancy and I am wondering if this does have a connection to the problem which was about to be revealed! I remember a few nights after Tillie was born hearing a strange noises when she was breathing, I had to stay in hospital for a few nights as I needed a blood transfusion, I buzzed the nurse to check about her breathing but was told 'it is just mucous on her lungs it is very common it won't last long'. Even as a new mum I thought that this wasn't the case, but who was I to argue. This 'mucous' was getting louder and louder and by

From an outsiders point of view

We were in our local town centre; there is a new retail park where there are a few water features. The parking is reasonable and you can buy pretty much get everything you need which makes life so much easier! There is even a couple of coffee bars which serve yummy cakes so we often sneak in there when tots is asleep (due to her being allergic to egg, we can only eat cake when she is asleep otherwise she cannot understand why she isn't allowed any and I would never let her watch me eating it bless her) Tillie had been asleep and we managed to sneak a coffee and cake in before she woke up, the coffee bar we were in was right opposite the water feature, there is a wall around for people to sit on and the feature is like a few water sprinklers which go on and off. When tots woke up I got her out of the pushchair ad let her have a run around, she was giggling and I was swinging her as I normally do, I then let her walk along the wall and she sat herself down and I was singing a song

Staying together for the sake of the children

I saw this was the topic on This Morning, new research shows that if your child suffers from some sort of psychological problem they 'grow up to earn as much as 30 per cent less in their lifetime than those who hadn't suffered any problems' such as parents’ divorce. I always find this interesting as I have met a few people in the past whose family had an amicable break up yet they still seem to use their parents break up as an excuse not to work or succeed in life, when in fact they use it for attention and to cover up the fact they are just a little bit lazy. I was a recruitment consultant and believe it or not a number of candidates used their parents break ups as the reason they didn't work! Please note that I did say amicable break up, I understand that if a child has had a particularly hard upbringing then it could affect them in the future. I was bought up just by my mum and I wouldn't have changed it for the world, I really can honestly say I had a very