Skip to main content

We are engaged....sorted!

Well I have been with the lovely Nick for nearly four years. I have always known of him, he was the baby faced one who I always looked up to as he was a couple of years older than me at youth club; if he smiled i blushed etc...

Anyway we fell in love in our village pub, the same village pub that we now run!....Ahhhh sounds like a true love story. We have been inseparable since the first day, in the nearly four years there has only been one day where we haven't seen each other and that was in the first week of meeting.

We moved in to the pub and took over the running of it after being together for nine months, a year later I found out I was pregnant and in October 2009 our baby girl was born and we haven't looked back!

He really is the most laid back guy you could meet, he's really funny, really lovely, very caring, SO UNROMANTIC it is unreal but that is just him and I am not one of those girls who likes flowers and soppy things so this suits me just fine. The thought of him proposing just seemed really wrong because he is just not like that and the thought of him getting down on one knee just makes me cringe, in the past when he joked about it i used to run away and hide. It was like an automatic reaction!
He goes to the shop and treats me all the time I have a never ending supply of chocolate, he might go into town and come back with some perfume, but romantic and saying anything other than "you look well fit" and telling me he loves me seems strange!

We had always talked about getting married, but I just could never see the proposal happening and it got to the stage wherever we went I was almost expecting a ring just to appear. Customers went on and on about it, most people already thought we were married, he even told my niece that he was buying me a ring (i was there when he said it) for Christmas 2009 - so when a beautiful Pandora gift bag was handed to me (I had left the brochure on the top at the ring page hint hint!) I was thinking OH NO THIS IS IT - when i opened the little package and saw it was a letter 'M' charm for my Pandora bracelet I was slightly confused, I had no idea what 'M' stood for. I already had an 'A' for Abbie, I had an 'N' for Nick - but why 'M'....I said thank you and kept rummaging through the packaging looking for the ring but all there was inside was some charm wipes - my sisters were all confused about what 'M' stood for -was it mother, marry me?... No it was for Matilda (our daughter's name but we never call her that! we always call her Tillie! whoops) he also bought me a lovely handbag I searched through all the compartments - nothing! I waited all day and remembered feeling gutted when I saw people changing their status on Facebook to 'engaged' BLEUGH!!!

So after a while i reminded him that he had told me that I was getting a ring for Christmas and was still waiting, one day he said "Oh just buy one online and you pay for it on your card and I will give you the money" Oh great - i wasn't arguing I wanted that sparkler and he had the money waiting!

It was 2nd June 2010 the day when that Derik Bird shot those poor people. I remember taking Tillie to the park and getting back to Nick acting all strange, it was obvious it had arrived, i felt sick and just kept thinking PLEASE DO NOT PROPOSE! Tillie was scooting about in her baby walker, when i spotted a lovely package hanging from the curtain rail (actually he told me to look up there through a text). There was no way I could reach it so after about 10 minutes of trying to get it down I walked through to the kitchen. Tillie was growling at the washing machine and ramming our ankles.
Nick said "Aren't you going to open it?" I opened the box upside down....he then said "Put it on then - there we go, we are engaged ....sorted" and gave me a kiss.

I remember him talking on the phone to his mum later that day about sausages or something then he said "oh yeah by the way we are engaged".
The fact Tillie was growling in the background and ramming at our heels in her walker certainly made it special!
I wouldn't have changed it for the world - Wedding is booked for May 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Your baby has Laryngomalacia"!!!????

I will explain a little about my labour, maybe a detailed explanation might go up in the future but lets put it like this, it was not nice and after suffering from an Irritable Uterus throughout my pregnancy followed by a 42 hour labour and a scary ending but I got the beautiful Tillie Bean so was worth every second! Basically the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and right round her body. She had the hiccups so much during pregnancy and I am wondering if this does have a connection to the problem which was about to be revealed! I remember a few nights after Tillie was born hearing a strange noises when she was breathing, I had to stay in hospital for a few nights as I needed a blood transfusion, I buzzed the nurse to check about her breathing but was told 'it is just mucous on her lungs it is very common it won't last long'. Even as a new mum I thought that this wasn't the case, but who was I to argue. This 'mucous' was getting louder and louder and by

From an outsiders point of view

We were in our local town centre; there is a new retail park where there are a few water features. The parking is reasonable and you can buy pretty much get everything you need which makes life so much easier! There is even a couple of coffee bars which serve yummy cakes so we often sneak in there when tots is asleep (due to her being allergic to egg, we can only eat cake when she is asleep otherwise she cannot understand why she isn't allowed any and I would never let her watch me eating it bless her) Tillie had been asleep and we managed to sneak a coffee and cake in before she woke up, the coffee bar we were in was right opposite the water feature, there is a wall around for people to sit on and the feature is like a few water sprinklers which go on and off. When tots woke up I got her out of the pushchair ad let her have a run around, she was giggling and I was swinging her as I normally do, I then let her walk along the wall and she sat herself down and I was singing a song

Staying together for the sake of the children

I saw this was the topic on This Morning, new research shows that if your child suffers from some sort of psychological problem they 'grow up to earn as much as 30 per cent less in their lifetime than those who hadn't suffered any problems' such as parents’ divorce. I always find this interesting as I have met a few people in the past whose family had an amicable break up yet they still seem to use their parents break up as an excuse not to work or succeed in life, when in fact they use it for attention and to cover up the fact they are just a little bit lazy. I was a recruitment consultant and believe it or not a number of candidates used their parents break ups as the reason they didn't work! Please note that I did say amicable break up, I understand that if a child has had a particularly hard upbringing then it could affect them in the future. I was bought up just by my mum and I wouldn't have changed it for the world, I really can honestly say I had a very