Skip to main content

A little bit about my week!

Here goes....

I had spent the day dancing and playing with Tillie as usual, I had put her favourite programme on - Fun song Factory, we have to watch it on YouTube as that is the only place I can find it now, it was first shown in 1994, it is full of nursery rhymes and action songs with Dave Benson-Phillips - absolutely must see for any parent and child! Sorry where was i? (As you will notice I get easily distracted!) We were busy dancing to the Hokey Cokey, the song had just finished and she sat in her lovely pink sofa chair that her Nanna had bought her, she got slightly excited about the next song and poked me straight in the eye. I am quite dramatic but this really did hurt - I couldn't open my eye and after about half an hour later it was getting worse it was not swollen and really red.
Tillie goes to her Nanna's house for two hours a week, that is the only time I can be apart from her as we just have far too much fun! My Partner Nick and I went into town to buy Tillie a Chad Valley Campervan tent  (which I will review soon!) I really couldn't see very well and it was extremely sore! So being a brave mummy I carried on but by the time I had put Tillie to bed my eye was really really sore which resulted in my sister having to take me up to A&E to find out that Tillie had scratched my Cornea and I needed antibiotic drops - the hospital staff found it highly amusing when I told them what had happened.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Your baby has Laryngomalacia"!!!????

I will explain a little about my labour, maybe a detailed explanation might go up in the future but lets put it like this, it was not nice and after suffering from an Irritable Uterus throughout my pregnancy followed by a 42 hour labour and a scary ending but I got the beautiful Tillie Bean so was worth every second! Basically the cord was wrapped around her neck twice and right round her body. She had the hiccups so much during pregnancy and I am wondering if this does have a connection to the problem which was about to be revealed! I remember a few nights after Tillie was born hearing a strange noises when she was breathing, I had to stay in hospital for a few nights as I needed a blood transfusion, I buzzed the nurse to check about her breathing but was told 'it is just mucous on her lungs it is very common it won't last long'. Even as a new mum I thought that this wasn't the case, but who was I to argue. This 'mucous' was getting louder and louder and by

From an outsiders point of view

We were in our local town centre; there is a new retail park where there are a few water features. The parking is reasonable and you can buy pretty much get everything you need which makes life so much easier! There is even a couple of coffee bars which serve yummy cakes so we often sneak in there when tots is asleep (due to her being allergic to egg, we can only eat cake when she is asleep otherwise she cannot understand why she isn't allowed any and I would never let her watch me eating it bless her) Tillie had been asleep and we managed to sneak a coffee and cake in before she woke up, the coffee bar we were in was right opposite the water feature, there is a wall around for people to sit on and the feature is like a few water sprinklers which go on and off. When tots woke up I got her out of the pushchair ad let her have a run around, she was giggling and I was swinging her as I normally do, I then let her walk along the wall and she sat herself down and I was singing a song

Did you really know how to breastfeed - did you get support?

You buy the books, I thought I could give Supernanny a run for her money, bring that baby on! I thought I knew it all! Yeah right! I was convinced for the first half of my pregnancy that I was going to bottle feed baby bean, my mum never breastfed us, only one of my sister's tried breastfeeding but I don't think her experience was good, but the fact my mum has been so poorly through life and me and my sisters have had a number of illnesses and such a weak immune system I started to seriously think about this and decided that maybe it would give Bean the best start in life plus I did feel pressured by everyone else to do it, media, nurses midwifes, leaflets! I really did have a terrible childbirth it was quite traumatic and I was semi unconscious I don't really remember much about the first night with Tillie, I was too poorly to watch her all night, I was in desperate need for a blood transfusion and was told on the labour ward that I was not to be left on my own or atte